Senior Director of Strategic Communication
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Functional Title||Senior Director of Strategic Communication|
|Position Type||Administration - Staff|
Re-Post, Previous Applicants Need Not Re-Apply, Still Under Consideration
University Communications is the lead marketing and strategic communication group for UNCG. The department has responsibility for building the University’s reputation/brand through a variety of tactics ranging from marketing
University Communications is currently seeking qualified candidates to consider for a Sr. Director of Strategic Communication position.
The duties and responsibilities of this position include:
• Bachelor’s degree in communications or marketing. A master’s degree in business administration with a marketing concentration a significant plus.
• Minimum of 10 to 15 years of strategic communications experience with senior-level branding, marketing communications, direct marketing and engagement communications roles for large, diverse organizations and a proven track record of achieving results.
• Proven ability to think strategically, aligning department objectives and strategic plans with the mission of the University and organizational goals.
• Demonstrated experience in building identity and developing key messages for use with a broad range of constituencies.
• Experience producing collateral materials and publications for external and internal audiences.
• Experience leading research projects with key audiences.
• Experience managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced department
• Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and develop a team of communication professionals.
• Collegial and collaborative approach and track record of building strong relationships with diverse stakeholders.
• Outstanding project management skills, including the ability to handle multiple clients and projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality with sensitive information.
• Advanced writing, editing and presentation skills, with ability to write for senior administrators
• Strong attention to detail, ability to work independently.
• Extensive experience developing relationships with key community stakeholders and representing organizations in the local community
• Strong preference for local candidates; relocation assistance not provided.
|Special Instructions to Applicants|
|Recruitment Range||Commensurate with Experience|
|Org #-Department||University Communications - 33901|
|Job Open Date||02/03/2017|
|For Best Consideration Date||02/24/2017|
|Job Close Date||04/24/2017|
|Open Until Filled||No|
|Type of Appointment||1.0 (Full-Time)|
|Time Limited Duration|
|Number of Months per Year||12|
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample(s)
- List of References
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
- Link to Professional Portfolio
- Other Documents
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Greensboro News & Record
- Carolina Peacemaker
- Other Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Professional Journal
- UNC System Job Board
- Other Online Job Board
- Personal Networking
- Search Firm